Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Fairytale Wedding


 My dear friend Rachel got married today in Italy!  How romantic is that!?  
Sounds like a girls fairytale wedding dream to marry in a castle in Italy, doesn't it?  
 That's how I finally came up with the idea for this card. The beautiful 
bride is a Saturated Canary digi called "Bride" and the carriage
is a digi from Crafts & Me.


  I originally made this card with the bride walking
through a rose covered archway and down a long stone path leading to a church on the
 hillside.  I ended up ditching that idea because I just wasn't happy with all the green 
that the pasture brought into the picture.  


I think birds also make it feel very fairytale like.  I love how these birds
 turned out to appear to be carrying the scroll.  The sentiment is a digi from Sassy Design Studios.  I printed it on cardstock, rolled both ends, with one end
wrapped around a decorative metal rod I purchased at Michaels.
I then distressed the paper and added some ink to
give it an aged look.


Of course this had to have flowers!!  The white one already had bling but
then I added glitter stickles to the rest of them.  It is difficult to see,
but there is also a diamond bauble at the bottom of the bouquet.


I love how the bride turned out.  I have a tough time coloring black hair so
anytime it turns out halfway decent, I'm happy.  I cut a "C" shape at the top of
her headpiece and inserted tulle to give her a veil.  I then added more bling to
give her a pearl headpiece.


Most of my cards are quite bulky because of all the embellies.  So I
have to make enveloboxes like I'm sure a lot of you do also.
This is the one I made for this card.




This card was made with so much love and I hope you find some inspiration!
I will be entering this into several fun challenges:

saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.com:  B's: Bride, birds, bouquet, bling, brads
whimsyinspires.blogspot.com:  Anything goes
thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.com:  Here come the girls
thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com: Wedding/Anniversaries
blog.oozak.com: Sparkle
comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.com: tictactoe (pearls, free (diecuts), ribbon)
paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com: punches
thecraftypad.blogspot.com: scraptastic
scrap-creations1.blogspot.com: pick 3: ribbon, pearls, die-cuts/punches
gingerloftchallenge.blogspot.com: birds
kaboodledoodles.blogspot.com: flowers
tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.com: gems