Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's All About the Shoes

I've finally finished my card of Dorothy.  I loved the Wizard of Oz, not just for the story it told, but because of those sparkly red shoes.  Yummy.  So when Krista put up the bling challenge, I had to use Dorothy and glitter up those shoes.  I remember my daughter being smaller and they had those Mary Jane shoes in red glitter.  I secretly wished I could get them in my size so we could play dress up together.  Ohhhh...do I love those things.  I hope you can see the glitter in the shoes but I don't think the camera does it justice.  I purposely left the bows uncolored so the eyes aren't distracted from the red.



I tried to keep to my KISS promise tonight.  Maybe it's because I'm tired and lazy.  But it still feels good that I did.

I am entering her in the following challenges:

Saturated Canary Challenge #21 Bling It Out
Stamptacular Sketch Challenge #171
Stamp N Plus July Anything Goes Challenge

xx,
Jo

10 comments:

  1. Love the ruby red slippers. Thanks for joining us in the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jo, I too always wanted a pair of ruby shoes. Really gorgeous card, love the your colouring and the simple layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis, Dorothy turned out sooooo cute! You did a fab job on her hair and of course I absolutely love her shoes!! Miss u!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her glittery shoes. You've done a great job with this card. She's adorable. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Callenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he he he!!! Jo this is awesome hun! I just want to sing 'we're off to see the wizard...' now!!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute thanks for playing at SC! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is fantastic!!! its so beautiful and your colouring is just amazing, I love it2 Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment its so kind of you. Also thanks for joining us this week at the SC challenge its lovely to have you huggies June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete