Sunday, July 22, 2012

Black White Plus One

WOW...It's been a week since I've been able to color and I think I've had some withdrawals.  Too many things going on in our lives and it never seems to stop.  But tonight I was finally able to play a little bit.  There have been visions in my head of a vintage look for a while but every time I try to color, the images just turn out dark.  I'm not sure why I can't do pastels or vintage light coloring.  I'm going to need to start searching the internet for tutorials.

Anyway, I like this girl.  I have two dogs and love to hold and cuddle with them, so this was a must have digi from Krista's Saturated Canary website.  Obviously my plus one color is green.  Black hair is not my favorite thing to color but I found a two color combination that I actually like (100 and C3) and it seems really easy to me.  The other difficulty for me is trying to leave white highlight.  I think I did a good job in her dress but completely missed the boat on her bow.  Oh well...practice, practice, practice.  I'll keep trying but in the meantime, I hope you like her!




Here she is close up!


xoxo,
Jo

6 comments:

  1. I love her sis!! The yummy lime green is fabulous and her black hair looks awesome!! Super shiny! Luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair looks fab hunny! Loving the lime too!
    Thanks for joining us all at SC Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo. Love the papers, layout and beautifully coloured image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful, your colouring is gorgeous and the black and green are striking just lovely, thanks for joining with us this week at SC challenge blog hugggies June xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he he he!! too cute!! love that big juicy flower with the butterfly too!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Jo! Her hair turned out awesome!! Love the green as the accent color and the butterfly inside the flower is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete